Qubed Architecture is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The rules on processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Who Are We
QUBED Architecture determine the purposes and means of processing personal client data relating to services we provide. This means we are data controllers for these services and are responsible for managing this client data and ensuring compliance.
Our contact details can be found on the Contacts page of this website. For all data matters please contact [email protected]
The purpose(s) of processing your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To maintain contact and communication with you during the course of a potential or new project.
- To maintain our own records and accounts.
- To inform you of news, events or activities.
- To purchase goods, materials and services from you.
What personal information we collect
We may collect the following information: name; contact information including email address; demographic information such as postcode; preferences and requirements; other information relevant to customer requirements and/or services that we offer.
We also collect information about you from other sources. For example, our website automatically collects information from your computer using “cookies” which provides us with limited personal information. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the website owners. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
ON WHAT BASIS DO WE COLLECT DATA
The processing of your personal data is allowed under a number of lawful basis. The data required for the provision of products and services is processed on the basis there is a contract with you to do so. Any relevant marketing activity we undertake is done because as a firm we have a legitimate interest to do so however you have rights, as listed below, which impact how we can use and process your data.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We process your information in order to support and maintain our contractual relationship with you, to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. This includes the following:
• Providing our advice, products or services to you
• Carrying out transactions, services, & instructions you have requested
We also process your data for specific business purposes to enable us to give you the best products and services and the best and most secure experience. For example, we process your information to send you marketing that is tailored to your interests.
Our business purposes include the following:
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
• Audit and record keeping purposes
• Enhancing the security of our network and information systems.
You have the right to object to this processing if you wish, please see “YOUR RIGHTS” section below. Please bear in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to carry out the tasks above for your benefit.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared only with directors and contact details with members of the design team for project contacts.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary, but may be for a period of 12 or 7 years beyond the end of the contract with you. Examples include: in case of any legal claims/complaints, accounting etc., for example for accounting purposes we must keep records for 6 years from the end of the last company financial year they relate to. For contracts under seal details need to be kept for 12 years for legal purposes.
Providing us with your personal data
You are under no statutory or contractual requirement or obligation to provide us with your personal data, but failure to do so will have the following consequences: Reduce or prevent communication with you during the contract; delay or prevent payment for goods and services.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
• The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
• The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, WHERE CONSENT WAS YOUR LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING THE DATA;
• The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable, i.e. where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and where the data controller processes the data by automated means);
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
• The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable i.e. where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
Transfer of Data Abroad
We do not generally transfer personal data outside the EEA, unless on a project by project basis the client or main supplier is a company based outside the EEA, in which case project team contact details may be shared with them for communication purposes only.
Automated Decision Making
WE DO NOT USE ANY FORM OF AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING IN OUR BUSINESS.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
How to make a complaint
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact the data processor on [email protected]
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.